Everyone needs a little bit of “me time”, even when you’re on a budget or being money conscious. As someone who tends to live a little on the thrifty side, I don’t go to the salon very often. That doesn’t mean that I don’t pamper myself! I’ve learned how to do my own manicures and pedicures, plus I’ve learned how to do my own facials. My time spent in Cosmetology school really paid off!
Before you start your own pedicure, it’s time to set the mood. Get your bathroom ready for some relaxation time. Set out all of the supplies you need, put on some relaxing music and light a scented candle or turn on a wax tart warmer. Do what you want to do to create a relaxed atmosphere for you. Oh, and make sure you are without interruption. The phone calls and family noises can wait a few minutes.
- Fill your bathtub with a few inches of water. Just enough to cover your feet.
- Add what you want to the water! This fizzy hand and foot soak is great. You can also add rose petals or rose water.
- Soak your feet for five minutes. Sit back and relax!
- Once your feet are soaked, use a brush or your hands to work in a foot scrub. Make sure you rinse well!
- Pull your feet out of the tub and place them on a clean and fluffy towel, dry your feet off well.
- Take your toenail clippers and trim your toenails. Then, use a large nail file to file them neatly.
- Put on a base coat and let it dry. While it’s drying, relax!
- Put on your favorite toenail polish and a top coat. Relax again while it dries!
- Once your polish is dried, give your feet a good massage with some lotion. Take your time and pay attention to the bottoms of your feet. They could use a little bit of a break.
- Pat your feet with your fluffy towel and slip on your favorite sandals. You are ready to show off your pedicure!